Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Comics Experience "Making Comics" course begins 10/30/13

I'll be co-teaching a four-week course called "Making Comics: Self-Published and Creator-Owned" over at Comics Experience, starting October 30, 2013.

I've been associated with Comics Experience since October of 2009, the month I took the inaugural online Intro to Comic Book Writing course. I loved it so much that, after taking the Advanced Comic Book Writing course, Andy and I started chatting and talking business. By mid-2010, we had co-founded a brand new online community called the Creators Workshop. About a year after that, Andy asked me to become the General Manager of the entire Comics Experience operation; a job I'm still doing today.

So, in late October, nearly four years to the day after my first connection with Comics Experience, I'll be teaching my first course there! The first night of class is also the day my series, Rex, Zombie Killer, returns to stores, so I'm looking forward to that day.

My co-instructor on the course is my friend Paul Allor (TMNT, Pathfinder: Goblins, Strange Nation), and we'll be discussing all aspects of making comics, from finding collaborators, to marketing and distribution. In other words, all the nuts and bolts I wish I had known when I started getting serious about making comics four years ago.

You can read more about the course over on the Comics Experience website right here.