Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Gathering Alt-History Anthology now available


A year or so ago, I had a gap between script due dates and started looking around for a place to do a short comic story. When I heard about GrayHaven Comics' alternate reality anthology, I thought it would be fun to do an alt-history tale.

I ended up writing a script set in a world where the Roman Empire never fell and Rome controls North America. The story focuses on a leader of the American Revolution of 1896...Samuel Clemens, known in the underground by the name "Mark Twain."

Once I had a story in mind, I reached out to artist Angela Allen, a fellow member of the Comics Experience Creators Workshop who I had always wanted to work with. Happily, she was interested and the project was underway.

The five-page story is written by me, with pencils by Angela Allen, inks by Novo Malgapo, lettering by E.T. Dollman, and story edits by Paul Allor.

The anthology is now finished and available for order on the GrayHaven Comics website right here. If you like Alt-History stories, I hope you check it out!